Banana Bread with Walnuts
From the book How to Bake by Paul Hollywood.
Prep 20 mins / Cook 40 mins
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 250 g caster sugar
- 125 g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 medium eggs
- 250 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 120 g walnut pieces
- Heat the oven to 190°C. Line two loaf tins with baking parchment.
- Cream the bananas and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add the softened butter and beat until evenly combined.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, adding a spoonful of flour with each.
- Sift in the remaining flour and baking powder and fold in.
- Fold in the walnut pieces, and maybe some dark chocolate chips if you’re feeling decadent.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tins, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. For a delicious, crispy crust, bake until a deep golden brown.
- Remove the loaves from the tins and cool on a wire rack.